NJSFWC Special State Project 2020-2022
“No Borders, No Boundaries”
OPERATION CHILLOUT is New Jersey’s oldest (and only) all-volunteer mobile outreach for homeless veterans, men and women, on mission since December 21, 2000. Its motto is “no borders-no boundaries.” Its mission is to respond to the crisis of homelessness with direct compassionate actions.
SEASONAL WINTER & SUMMER CAMPAIGNS
Operation Chillout welcomes your participation in organizing your clubs to support our winter and summer outreach online gift registry campaigns.
- Annual summer homeless outreach collection and delivery campaign (Memorial Day – Labor Day): Clubs can mobilize members to purchase cases of bottled water and new summer apparel – tees shirts, caps; and accessories – sun block, insect repellent, sunglasses, hygiene-toiletry kits, specialized survival gear.
- Annual winter outreach collection and delivery campaign starts each November. Clubs can purchase a complete backpack or a selection of the gift registry clothing items – socks, thermal underwear, zipped hooded sweatshirt, knit cap, gloves. Or purchase specialized survival gear like sleeping bags, backpacking tents. And gift cards are always welcome.
VET’S TINY HOME POWER BACKUP
Operation Chillout needs fundraising for two critical projects aimed at ensuring viability of our first veterans’ tiny home unit for adverse weather conditions and loss of power.
- Design and install a custom roof-top solar power unit with battery backup.
- Design and install an automatic propane-fueled emergency backup power generator.
OPERATION CHILLOUT’S DREAM VISION
The creation of homeless veterans farm-based tiny home communities.
In its 20th anniversary year, building on previous successes of rescuing and serving the needs of thousands of homeless veterans, men and women, they are committed to projecting their vision forward to enhance the capacity to serve the neediest at a significant level through the creation of a unique alternative housing solution.
- Enlist the participation of the NJSFWC in this ambitious, innovative development project.
- Establish a comprehensive assessment and master plan.
- Create a joint OCO-NJSFWC leadership team and statewide stakeholders group committed to the project.
- Locate farm properties interested in participating.
- Partner with donors to fund a demonstration veteran farmer tiny home community.
NJSFWC President Jan Hanson said, “We do hope that you will all work on the Special State Project-Operation Chillout, helping homeless veterans. I believe with your help we can make a difference in the lives of the many veterans in NJ who have no place to go. Operation Chillout is excited to be partnering with us and they are about to be amazed by the NJSFWC club women.”