Almost every month we sponsor some type of social event for members that are interested–everything from book clubs to museum visits to Longwood Gardens. We also like to do craft projects like painting and making wreaths and centerpieces. And of course we love to eat out!
Here are a few of the social events we’ve done over the past couple of years:
- Book club twice a year, February and August
- End-of-School Lunch at Scotland Run
- Dinner and a Movie, or movie & dessert
- Colonial Tea at the Whitall House
- Senior Health Day at RiverWinds, followed by lunch
- Beauty and the Beast Ballet at Scottish Rite Auditorium in Collingswood, followed by lunch
- Devour Desserts chocolate tasting
- Longwood Gardens Holiday Lights Tour with lunch
- New York Botanical Gardens bus trip for Chihuly Exhibit
- Art/Craft Nights: Halloween Lantern Craft, Snowman Painting Night, and Valentine’s Day Wineglass Painting
- Gloucester County Historical Society: Downton Fashions Tour, A Legacy of Quilts, Lacing Up & Stepping Out, Dressed to the Nines
- Spa Night, an evening of pampering
- Museums & Attractions such as Grounds for Sculpture, Philadelphia Magic Gardens, Morven Museum, Brandywine Museum
There are many more! Most are opportunities for learning, as well as socializing and being entertained.