This month I am very pleased that my trainer and the Domestic Violence Response Team Coordinator from SERV (Services Empowering the Rights of Victims), Denise Rosen, will speak at our meeting. Please wear purple for Domestic Violence Awareness or Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness.
Warning Signs of Domestic Violence in a Relationship
- A partner telling you that you never do anything right
- Showing extreme jealousy of friends and the time spent away from him/her
- Preventing or discouraging you from spending time with friends, family or peers
- Insulting, demeaning or shaming you, especially in front of other people
- Preventing you from making your own decisions
- Controlling finances
- Pressuring you to have sex or perform sexual acts you’re not comfortable with
- Intimidating you
- Destroying your belongings
- Threatening you with weapons.
If you know of someone experiencing DV, have them contact the National DV hotline 1.800.799.7233 or here in Gloucester County: SERV 1.866.295.7378.