While summer draws to a close, West Deptford Elementary School Nurses are already hard at work preparing for the start of school. They are checking for school physicals, vaccination records, and reviewing medication orders of new students.
When school starts this week, our nurses will be busy administering daily medications to students with asthma, ADHD, diabetes and other chronic illnesses. Their day will also be filled with treating bumps, bruises, cuts, bug bites, calls to parents, a tooth that has come out and occasionally, lifesaving CPR in the parking lot.
Our nurses also provide emotional support to many children and families that need the nurse’s help and direction. Often, fresh clothing, snacks, supplies are provided to our children by the nurses out of their own pockets. I cannot think of a more deserving group to receive our help.
A list of needed supplies was given to me by our nurses. If you can help by supplying any of these items please bring them to our meeting in September. I will be updating the list as needed. Thank you all so much for your help.
Red Bank Nurse’s Request
- Underwear (especially boys toddler 4/5)
- Socks – both sizes for ages 3-8
- Girls’ leggings/sweats or boys sweatpants size 4/5, 6/7, 8/10.
Green-Fields Nurse’s Request
- Boys and girls underwear 5/6 and 8/10
- Sweatpants boys and girls or leggings girls both size 6 for preK and 8/10/12 for 3rd and 4th grade.
Oakview Nurse’s Request
- Underwear for boys- sizes Small (6-8) and Medium (10-12). Multi-packs would be appreciated. No girls needed at this time.
- Sweatpants for boys Small (6-8) and Medium (8-10). Leggings or sweats for girls in sizes Small (6) and Medium (8-10). Boy clothing is a higher priority.
- 2 boxes of Saltine crackers and a large bottle of apple juice.
–Karen Hink, Advocates for Children Chair